Filing a Medicare DME Appeal
You may file a reconsideration request with Maximus Federal Services if your claim for Medicare DME items or services was denied. Your reconsideration request will be handled by Maximus Federal Services. The DME QIC jurisdiction encompasses all states.
After a DME Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) has made a redetermination (first level appeal) for Medicare items or services, a reconsideration (second level appeal request) may be filed as follows:
How to File An Appeal
The request must be filed with Maximus Federal Services and can be submitted via the following methods:
- QIC Appeals Portal at https://qicappeals.cms.gov
- In writing to the Maximus address indicated on the notice of redetermination. Part B DME standard reconsideration requests should be mailed to:
QIC Part B DME
Maximus Federal Services, Inc.
3750 Monroe Avenue
Pittsford, NY 14534
- Via secure fax to 585-869-3314
The request must be in writing. The request should be submitted via a standard CMS form, or alternatively, the request must contain:
- The beneficiary’s name
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier or Medicare health insurance claim number
- The specific service(s) and item(s) for which the reconsideration is requested and the specific date(s) of service
- The name of the party or the representative of the party
- The name of the contractor that made the redetermination
For the status of your appeal, please use the appeal status lookup tool: Q2 Administrators > Home
If you have question or concerns regarding the Part B DME Qualified Independent Contractor (QIC), please contact Danielle Mcpartland (DanielleCMcPartland@maximus.com).
Suppliers can reach us at 585-348-3200
Beneficiaries may also direct their questions to the Medicare Service Center at 1-800-MEDICARE or 1-800-633-4227
For information about the availability of auxiliary aids and services, please visit:
Submitting Personal or Confidential Information
Any document that contains the identity of a beneficiary or a provider is confidential. For this reason, Maximus Federal Services cannot accept confidential information sent via email transmission. Submit confidential information to Maximus Federal Services in hard copy by US mail, commercial delivery service or via secure fax to 585-869-3314.
Sending an Email
Electronic mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive or includes personal information, please send it by postal mail or fax (585-869-3314) instead. If you still wish to email us, please send to DMEInfo@maximus.com